All praise is to Allah , the Sustainer of the universe and his blessing be upon his chosen messenger prophet Mohammed (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and his Nobel household and Companions who are the stars of guidance for all muslims. Hajj is a noble worship. It’s a magnificent pillar of our religion. Whoever is capable of performing Hajj has to do so, once in lifetime to complete his/ her Fardh and more if possible to connect with Allah at a greater level. The moment you decide to perform Hajj you must first cleanse your intentions as reward for Hajj depending upon your intention. One gets whatever his intentions are, just keep in mind that Hajj is a Noor and not a pleasure trip, it is a divine trip and not a pleasure or shopping or business trip. Allah the Exalted also declares in the Quran: ” Whoever desires the life of the world and its adornment we will give their full fruit in it and not lessen anything. They are those for whom there is nothing in the thereafter but fire. And whatever they used to do there is destroyed and all the works become void. (Soorah 11: Aayaat 15-16)
When is Hajj Incumbent?
If all the following conditions are fulfilled then Hajj becomes fardh or incumbent:
- To be a Muslim: Hajj is not Fardh unless or until one enters the fold of Islam.
- To be an adult: Hajj is not Fardh on minors.
- To be mentally fit: Hajj is not Fardh on insane.
- To be physically fit: Hajj is not Fardh on handicapped. It should be born in mind that Hajj is not Fardh upon a blind person, a person who is unable to walk or upon an invalid person.
- To have sufficient funds: Hajj is not Fardh unless the person can meet all requirements for his travel to and fro. Provision for his family dependents during this period of his absence is a must too.
- Time of Hajj: Hajj is not Fardh until one comes to the Hajj period and all the above conditions hold valid.
Even if any one of the above conditions is not fulfilled, Hajj will not be considered Fardh.
When the conditions that make Hajj Fardh are fulfilled then it becomes obligatory upon that person to perform Hajj immediately (during the first available huge season). One is not permitted to delay the Hajj, if one does so he is a major sinner. It is narrated by Abu Dawood that the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “the one who intends to perform Hajj should hasten to perform it.”
Conditions of accomplishment of Hajj:
- Security of route: If the route is unsafe and there is likelihood of danger to the life or property then it is not necessary to start for Hajj
- Women must have a Mahram: A woman must be accompanied by her husband or mahram (a male member of her family whom she cannot marry according to the Islamic laws) provided the journey is 3 days or more or distance is 92 km or more, she can proceed without a Mahram.
- Women must not be in Iddat: A woman must not be in her waiting period after the death of her husband or divorce.
- Not to be under restraint: If a person is under restraint by the ruler or is under imprisonment, then he may postpone his Hajj.
Faraaidh of Hajj:
Following are the obligatory acts in Hajj
- Ihram: To where the distinctive garb as prescribed. It is the condition of Hajj.
- Wuqoof -e- Arfaat: To remain present in Arafaat at least for sometime between Zawaal of 9th of Dhul-Hijjah. It is a Rukn of Hajj
- Major part of Tawaaf-e-Ziyarat: That is four or more rounds of Tawaf-e-Ziyarat. It is also one Rukn of Hajj
- Niyyat: To have a firm intention in mind
- Sequence. To follow the prescribed sequence, that is 1st to enter in the Iram, then to do Wukoof followed by Tawaf-e-Ziyarat.
- Time: Each act must be performed at its given time.
- Place: Each aat must be performed at its given place.
Waajibaat of Hajj:
Following are the Waajib acts in Hajj
- To intend for a Ihram at the Meeqat limits, though it is permissible to do this even before entering into Meeqat limits.
- To performs Sa’ee
- To begin Saee from Safaa
- To perform Saee on foot unless there is a reason to use a wheelchair.
- To perform Saee after 4 or more rounds of Tawaaf.
- If Waqoof is done during day time. It is Waajib to remain present in Arafaat for Waqoof till sunset. If Waqoof is done during the night there is no time period of stay in Arafaat. However the Wajib applicable for stayup to sunset is missed, hence a Dum (sacrifice) becomes compulsory.
- To be present at least for sometime in Arafaat for Wuqoof after the sunset.
- To remain present in Muzdalifah for Waqoof.
- To offer Magrib and Isha prayers together at the time of Ishaa at Muzdalifah.
- To do Rami of Jamaraat as prescribed for 3 days.
- To do Rami of Jamaraat-e-Uqbah on 10th of Dhul-Hijjah, before Halq or Taqseer.
- To complete the Rami of a particular day on the same day.
- To do Halq or Taqseer.
- To do Halq or Taqseer between 10th of Dhul-Hijjah to12th of Dhul-Hijjah. I.e during Ayyaamun Nahr.
- To do Halq or Taqseer within Haram limits.
- For Qaarin and Mutamatti to offer sacrifice.
- This sacrifice should be during 10th to 12th of Dhul-Hijjah.
- This sacrifice should be within Haram limits.
- To perform four or more rounds of Tawaf-e-Ziyarat 10th of Dhul-Hijjah to 12th of Dhul-Hijjah.
- To perform Tawaf from outside Hateem.
- To perform Tawaf from right side, thatis Kaaba should be on your left.
- To perform Tawaf on foot unless there is a reason to use a wheelchair.
- To perform Tawaf with Gusul and Wudhoo. If one fails to do so Tawaf will have to be repeated. Please note that in the state when Ghusl is compulsory or without Wudhoo, Tawaf cannot be performed.
- To perform Tawaf without exposing Satr.
- To offer 2 rakaat after each Tawaf. However, if not offered there is no expiration.
- To do various acts in the prescribed sequence.
- For those who are staying outside the Meeqat and have come for Hajj. Tawaf-e-wida is essential. Women who are not in the state of offering Salaat but have completed 4 or more rounds of Tawaf-e-Ziyarat are exempted from Tawaf-e-wada.
- A person should not indulge in marital relationships after Waqoof-e-Arafaat till performing Tawaf-e-Ziyarat.
- To observe prohibitions of Ihraam.
Sunan Of Hajj:
Following are the Sunnah acts in Hajj
- Everybody entering in to Makkah from outside the Meeqat should offer Tawaaf-e-Qudoom, this is Sunnah for a Mufrid and a Qaarin to offer this Tawaf. Those who are performing Hajj-e-Tamattu are exempted.
- To begin Tawaaf from Hijr-E-Aswad, and to do Istilaam.
- To do Ramal eighter in Tawaf-e-Qudoom or in Tawaf-e-Ziyarat.
- To run between two green pillars while performing Saee.
- To start from Makkah after fazar prayer on 8th of Dhul-Hijjah for Mina, so as to complete five pillars in Mina.
- To spend the night of 9th Dhul-Hijjah in Mina.
- To start from Mina for Arafaat on 9th of Dhul-Hijjah after sunrise.
- To take bath Wuqoof-e-Arafaat.
- To stay in Muzdalifah for night while returning from Arafaat.
- To start from Muzdalifah for Mina before sunrise.
- To spend the nights of 11th and 12th of Dhul-Hijjah in Mina. If one stays back in Mina for 13th of Dhul-Hijjah, then it is Sunnah to spend night of 13th of Dhul-Hijjah also in Mina.
For best Hajj Packages visit our website and take a look at the variety of packages we offer and avail special discounts on your chosen package.